Saturday 24 August 2013

The Secret Trip


Hello, everyone! It has been awhile since I last post. Been away a lot. I helped out at my church annual camp Y.E.S! for a week a half, come home for few days just so I can do the laundry, packed again and then off on a trip for my husband Martin's 40th birthday. Remember back in December I made a tag for him as a Christmas present? On it I wrote that he is going on a secret trip for his birthday. Well, last week we went on the secret trip. I didn't tell him what he is getting into until 12 mins before we arrived at our destination. It was a special meeting so I wanted him to be very surprise. I kept it from him for 8 months and it was not easy to do. So, what I did was I asked a pastor to play for Martin for an hour. Martin loves his style of music. The pastor agreed so we flew all the way to Connecticut to meet him. From the west coast to the east coast. Pastor Cary Schmidt is very nice, funny and easy to talk to. It was a privilege to meet him and his family. We had fun listening and watching him play and fellowship with him and his wife. Martin's heart is content now that he met Cary Schmidt. Cary Schmidt also writes many helpful and encouraging books that can be purchase at Striving Together Publications. You can also get his music there too. He has a blog that I love to visit and truly is an encouraging blog. It has help me a lot.

Thank you for stopping by! I will post some creative things for you to see soon.

Deanna



1 comment:

Rita said...

That was an awesome surprise Deanna! He has a big smile on his face so he had a great time.

You were in my neck of the woods, I don't live that far from Connecticut.